Job type: Full-time
Job contentLocation: Konin, Poland.
The Site EHS Manager is responsible for monitoring and assuring the EPCm contractor safety performance.
The Site EHS Manager will work to assure the construction site is run to Johnson Matthey safety standards,
escalating issues and risks promptly and appropriately to the contractor and the Site Project Manager.
- Build and maintain relationships based on respect, trust and integrity, with all site personnel, contractors & subcontractors and any suppliers or others who come to site.
- Understands the EPCm client contractor relationship and works to maintain this in their dealings with contractors and others on site
- Actively ensure adherence to EHS pinnacle documents
- Interface with appropriate agencies and third parties, as needed, on compliance and enforcement issues.
- Stays abreast of lessons learned from other sites and communicates these to the team
- Prepare and submit site reports to Site Project Manager and EHS Manager, Capital Projects. Participate in status meetings.
- Support safety program by performing inspections of site activities to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, works appropriately with the contractor to determine corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Maintain safety documentation for Johnson Matthey employees including training records, safety plans, Safety Data Sheet (SDS), etc. Ensure these are kept up to date.
- Identify and educate Johnson Matthey employees on job hazards; conduct risk assessments and issue/follow up on corrective action reports as directed by EHS Manager, Capital Projects.
- Works as part of the site operational team and supports in other HSE related areas.
- Professional qualification or a member of a professional organisation in EHS or related discipline
- Qualifications in safety, construction or education related field with 3 to 5 years in construction safety environment
- Experienced and competent with managing permit to work systems & contractor safe work plans
- Understanding of, and compliance with local regulations and laws relating to EHS
- Personal skills and key competencies
- (including JM behavioural competencies)
- Strong communication skills, communicate confidently with a range of people adapting
- communication style for positive impact
- Computer literate
- Knowledge and experience around the consenting process for major construction projects
- Good working knowledge of environmental legislation in Europe
- The ability to lead, and motivate to build and strengthen JM’s Safety Culture during project
- Polish and English - Fluent level
- Ability to multitask, organize and prioritise work assignments for accurate and timely completion
- Possess a positive attitude toward career development and company process/policy
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 25-10-2022🌏 Krotoszyn, Wielkopolskie
⏰ 19-10-2022🌏 Swarzędz, Wielkopolskie
⏰ 21-10-2022🌏 Leszno, Wielkopolskie
⏰ 30-10-2022🌏 Konin, Wielkopolskie
⏰ 18-10-2022🌏 Poznań, Wielkopolskie
⏰ 15-10-2022🌏 Gniezno, Wielkopolskie
⏰ 29-10-2022🌏 Ostrów Wielkopolski, Wielkopolskie
⏰ 02-11-2022🌏 Krotoszyn, Wielkopolskie
⏰ 31-10-2022🌏 Konin, Wielkopolskie
⏰ 01-11-2022🌏 Gniezno, Wielkopolskie